In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Happy Fathers Day!

Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,390 ******

I never had any children, but helped raise several nieces and nephews, both blood and also honorary...

But Wishing all you Fathers a Great Day!

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks

my dogs gave me a new wind chime.

RLTW

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,435 ******

My late brother's youngest son called me this morning and wished me a happy fathers day. I had to wipe away a few tears from my eyes as I hung up the phone.

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

I think in this planet, today, there is nothing as sorely missed, and needed, as good fathers.

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Thank you and Happy Father's day to all of you dads. I lost my dad to cancer when I was just 12 years old. Six years later to the BEST possible step father that I could ever imagine. He passed suddenly 4 years ago at the young age of 67. I miss both of them every single day.

Later this evening, I am going to go spend the evening and night at my daughter's and hang out with her all day tomorrow since neither of us are working tomorrow.

• Options
    DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Thank you. My father passed away in 1995, but I have 6 children, 4 of which have wished me a happy Fathers' Day. (I'll probably hear from the other 2 before the day is over).

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

@The artist formerly known as Dano which part of Spokane? I have a lot of fond memories of that region.

My dad was a hotshot engineer at Rocky Flats with 3 other engineers and held Q level clearance, one of just a few in the nation. When the project was over the 4 engineers were sent to separate corners of the 50 states, which is how we wound up in Alaska. I'm pretty sure I know what he was doing, and what kind of responsibility that entailed.

Ultimately he retired and mom and he moved to a small college town outside Spokane, and opened a bible bookstore. They lost money every year with that store, but ministered to hundreds, thousands of homesick kids. He made himself small so he could make others large. I'll never forget that about him.

He was born and raised in Yellowstone, his mom was the first lady Ranger in America, his dad was the head Ranger there for years. Boy the stories he had to tell about critters and finding "arryheads" along the river. He had plaques made when they died and he mounted them on rock faces at the top of a mountain. We always planned to go polish them up together, but time ran out. We lost dad in October a couple years ago, and the woods have been a quieter place since then. A Ranger friend of mine had a favorite saying, "The woods would be a quiet place if only the best birds sang", and we lost the best bird.

An only child, son of two only children, seemingly a nobody from the sticks. A giant of a man, whose shoes I'll never fill. Happy Fathers Day, dad.

We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants.

We see more, and things more distant, than they ever did,

not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they,

but because they raise us up,

and by their great stature, add to ours.

-John of Salisbury, ca. 1159

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Wife arranged for the Girls and their significant others to come up to the country and spend the day with us. Great day.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!