In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Great Race

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

If you follow F1 there was a heck of a Race this morning at the French GP. It looks like Pirelli Got the tires sorted out after the Baku.

Congratulates to Max Verstaapen and Red Bull racing. Its good to see Hamilton and Mercedes get beat fair and square.

Tony Stewart ran a good race last night on the dirt.

RLTW

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

When Max ran off the track on the on the second curve and Lewis passed him, I guessed that the race was as won. Not the case at. Mercedes questionable pit stop strategy certainly did nothing to further Lewis' chances of winning the race. It's been an interesting season, and it's good to see the grandstands starting to fill up with spectators again.

Paul Ricard is a classic circuit, but man...the overdone striping in the runoff areas are major distractions!

• Options

I agree the striping was like looking at one of those wacky 60's psychedelic things. I am not a Louie fan and I kind of feel sorry for Bottas, he gets the shaft so often and his luck is really bad. Its good to see the stands filling up but I miss the F1 grid girls and I can do without all the woke stuff going on. At least they stopped kneeling.

Go Max!

Did you see the shape the tyres were in?

RLTW

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

"I got a right Bollocking from Mark C. this morning in the forum."

Hmm. I rather fancy the sound of that. 😉

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Wait until you need to ask your friends in another forum about your old Land Rover and they won’t know what you’re on about if you’re not doing wings and bonnets.

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭

Netflix has series running now on the 2018, 2019 and 2020 seasons. I never watched F1 before and new nothing about it other then some drivers from the past. That series was excellent and I learned a whole ton of stuff. I'm a convert now and I watched that race Sunday as well and your right it was really good. Got the DVR set up for the rest of the season.

• Options

@Flying Clay Disk

Here is a good article that compares the 2 types of cars. They are vary different and I believe the Indy car is harder to drive. On an oval track the Indy car would win but in a street race the F1 would blow the Indy car away.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/here-s-the-difference-between-f1-and-indycar/

RLTW