In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can someone from Gunbroker please help me...Please wait while we retrieve item 903740088 for edit...

ammookkieammookkie Member Posts: 2

Since the new update, I have been getting an occasional "Please wait while we retrieve item 903740088 for edit..." page where it trys to load the edit page but appears to be getting stuck and wont load the rest of the way. Ive messaged Gunbroker via the support function SEVERAL TIMES and haven't had any sort of response as to what is going on. Im reaching out here as I currently have 400+ listings and I need to reduce the price on items and I cant. I tried ending and relisting and it doesn't help. Still gets stuck. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭

...Be patient...GB changed owners recently and the new owners need to get organized...I am not making excuses for GB, just letting you know how it is at the moment...

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

I've been able to retrieve all of my auctions. Maybe try a restart and see if that helps.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

"Gunbroker has outgrown its infrastructure."

That's an interesting observation, and I think it rings true. During normal times, GB was able to maintain high standards of customer service. Even during the panic of 2008 (Obama I) , 2012 (Obama II and Sandy Hook) and 2016 (Hillary), they were keeping up, but this drawn out panic/rioting/lockdowns has left GB playing catch up. Regardless, they can't deal with what seems to be one in six deadbeat buyers-or maybe higher. The GB customer service staff is too small to cover it.

After three deadbeats in three months, I'm fed up to the point that Locust Fork is selling my guns for me. I'm sure that other sellers have felt the same.

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

The purchase price for GunBroker should have been an important indicator of things to come from the new owners but many overlooked that fact. Online auctions sales plainly weren't their forte and it's doubtful it ever will be. The former owners are probably still high-fiving each other. 😀

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Hate it for ya. My last time attempting to contact CS has yet to be even acknowledged, and that was a couple of years ago.

So that makes the last two times I tried getting satisfaction from customer service, following exactly their rules, and received no response.

Kinda crazy. When I first started selling I actually got a call from Gunbroker and spoke with someone wondering if I needed any assistance.

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭

Can’t even access the app as of 1330 Pacific 6/21/21. When you click on the icon a popup says the developer of the app needs to update it to work with whatever version iOS I’m running. I even looked for it in the app store and it wasn’t even there lol. Guess I can try through the old browser way.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

The App has been dead for months now... maybe longer. It got deplatformed, from the Apple App store and from the Google Play store and they ended support for it a short while back, and then completely disabled anything but browsing through it.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

What ever the causation the outcome is discouraging. New owners, software, lack of staff, lack of training, plethora of NPB'ers, seller fraud, panic selling and buying during trying times have all added up to a mess for honest sellers and buyers.

POX upon the problem causing few that hurt so many of us.

• Options
    ammookkieammookkie Member Posts: 2

thanks for the input. yea, im a little disappointed in the CS as well. its sad that now wish i had to opportunity to pay the hundred dollars a year to have a phone line to a representative. sadly, i would pay it. it is what it is and im just trying to be patient.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't the gold membership give you some advanced communication with the mother ship?

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

You can try calling them (720) 223-0164 ext 3006