In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seller Question

keen1keen1 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

i sent seller payment for ammo almost two weeks ago but seller claims he does not have payment which was a personal check, i think seller changed his mind on selling this item and claims he never got payment

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭

Did the check clear your bank?

Keep in mind that the forums are not connected to the auction side other than sharing a common name. There is no one here that can help with your problem and complaining about GunBroker will get the thread locked.

• Options
    keen1keen1 Member Posts: 2

payment has not cleared my bank, if it cleared my bank it would show that seller did receive payment, and would have to honor sale, which was won at a low price

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

My oldest is a postmaster. She reports that mail is very slow.

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭✭

Mail delivery times are very messed up at the moment. I have one package that was supposed to be here three weeks ago that I still have not seen.

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Keep in mind the number of Federal holidays we have in America now..........it's a staggering number to even think about, very depressing also. 😡

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭

If that is the case then I would advise patience. If the check clears the bank and you still do not receive the item then it's time to contact Support. As has been stated, the USPS is running incredibly slow right now. That will work both ways, in the sending of payment and in the receiving of the item after shipment.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

It has taken me three weeks to receive a check from 300 miles away lately. I just mailed a shotgun to Miss. that took 12 days.

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,024 ******
    edited June 2021

Do as a few customers of mine have done: Send another check. Every time, if the first check even arrives, it arrives AFTER the second.

Even before the Chinese Flu came along, I have received checks in the mail as late as 3 weeks after the postmark.

You might try sending it in a Priority Mail envelope.

If the seller ends up with both checks, he can return or shred one. If one of them is misdirected into the hands of a miscreant and forged, it will come back to your bank. You can then file a forgery affidavit with the bank and it becomes the bank's problem.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,466 ***** Forums Admin

As mentioned above mail/shipping transit times are great at this time. Also as mentioned above, watch for your check to clear your account before taking any action.

This discussion has been closed.