In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hold A Happy Thought, Or Whisper A Prayer, Please...RIP Lt. Gasway

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******

Early on Father's Day morning, Dwight Gasway died/passed on/left the planet.

I worked with Dwight for many years. He was a Lieutenant and I was a Patrol Officer. It was like working for family. He was a great boss.

His family was law enforcement focused. His brother Narvel was a Captain with our PD. Narvel left us a good many years ago. His daughter Lora was a senior dispatcher/call taker and did a fantastic job. She died unexpectedly and prematurely from complications from injuries suffered in a fall. His brother-in-law, with whom he was very close, was Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippit, who was murdered on November 22, 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald.

That leaves his widow Carole, and daughter Letha, as the only ones left

Sorry for the rambling. Please hold up the Gasway family in prayer and good thoughts, and hold me up as well. I have been tasked with conducting the memorial service at 1:00 PM on Monday, June 28, 2021 at Lynch Funeral Services, south of Greenville in the Cash community. I am no pastor, and while I have stood and spoken up for a friend at his funeral, conducting the whole service will be a new experience.

Comments