In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone else getting hot this weekend??

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

90 degrees at 9:30 am, with an expected high of 105 today, 112 tomorrow and 111 on Monday, that's beyond incredible for NW Oregon. Looks like we're going to set about 6 heat records in the next week or less.....sheesh

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

It's not bad here today 85F Rain is supposed to be on the way.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

I worked up quite a sweat in the kitchen this morning prepping fresh picked strawberry's. Temps outside were in the upper 60's so probably not reason to perspire. I can blame it on all of the shortcake I've been enjoying this June. 😁

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,378 ******

94F here today, partly cloudy supposed to be about the same tomorrow, then 40% chance of Thunder storms in the 80's all next week...Wise County TX.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,407 ***** Forums Admin

We are supposed to be getting just about those exact same temperatures up here north of you. Right now its 97° here @ 12:56 PM.

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

S/W Colorado...45 this morning...has rained for the past 3 days...Yesterday was a real gully washer... 😁

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Just hit 101…going down to 72 tonight. Forecast for tomorrow is 108/70 and Monday 111/72. Glad I live on a river…it feels at least 15 degrees cooler with a chair in the river, your feet in the water, a canopy over your head, and a cold beer in your hand.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

113 today, Whew..........

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭

113? That's just plain unheard of down there, Todd! Hope your AC holds together.

It's up to a whopping 89 here in the west end of the Flathead. After so many nice cool days 89 feels like 110!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭

Plenty hot all weekend...the real problem was the 7+ inches of rain we received on Friday...Not sure of the exact total as my rain gauge overflowed !!!....our gravel road is in bad shape and I will be moving some gravel around tomorrow in the driveway...

So far the crops look fine and the terraces drained out fine....now we need a few days of sunshine to dry the place out....Hopefully overall damage will be minimal...

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,407 ***** Forums Admin

110° here today. A switch, or some type of electrical equipment failed in a substation about 3 miles away . Been on standby (portable welder) power running two ac units and freezers/fridges since 1:00 pm until now at 8:30 pm, save for the hour between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm when the power came back on, then went out again. The power came back on again in the middle of making this post, so I had to go make the old switch-a-roonie on the sparktricity back the mighty Bonneville. Hope it stays on over night.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******

Hot all week too

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Normal here in SC...

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭✭

Only 93 here, but the deer are laying under the deck where there's a breeze.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

I guess we set a temperature record here yesterday. I could have sworn it's been hotter here than 109 (by like a lot), but they claim it hasn't. Ever. I would have believed it has never been 109 in June, but not ever. I guess my memory of 110+ in past Julys and Augusts is just wrong. Either that or I'm being gaslit, which is entirely possible.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wearing my RED boxer briefs.........does that count?

• Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Hopefully, this slows down the californication of other states.

If they're too big of wussies to handle our weather, I'll take it!