In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High Standard rifle 22lr Apache AP-422

Rocketrich Rocketrich Member Posts: 4

Ladies and gentlemen, I've been looking for information about my newly adopted High Standard Apache AP-422 in 22lr. My Apache has no serial number so it's pre 1968. All I can find is information on the Sport King. Apache looks exactly like the Sport king including the gills on the breach. My example looks so clean I bought it without the benefit of manufacturing information.

If anyone can give me any information I would truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Rich Gong USN veteran

Comments

• John J StimsonJohn J Stimson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

The Apache name was used on High Standard rifles and shotguns made for William Hoegee Company of California. These guns were made for Hoegee from before High Standard began serial numbering their .22 rimfire rifles until sometime after. There should be a two letter acceptance date code on the rifle just forward of the receiver generally on the left side.

Note the 1968 firearms act was passed late in 1968 and became effective a little later. High Standard began serial numbering in January 1969 with the exception of exported guns which carried serial numbers from the 1950's on.

• Rocketrich Rocketrich Member Posts: 4

John, Thank you so much for the information. This is the first that I've herd at all about this little 22lr.

Now I just need to shoot it so I can see how it runs. I injured my knee so I haven't been to the club.

Once again, I appreciate your efforts and shared knowledge.

Rich

John, I found an acceptance stamp on the barrel (DL). What might this tell us about my Little Apache AP-422?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

• John J StimsonJohn J Stimson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

DL is the acceptance date code for April 1968.

This would be mechanically the same as a High Standard A-1041.

Thank you so much for your efforts and shared knowledge.