In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vail shootout

pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

Grandson is up there at the lacrosse tourney this week . Games played at 8000' +. It's all I can do to breath

at that altitude anymore. Have fun all you young men.

Comments

• Options

Thanks, those boys put their all into it and think they are indestructible. Pray they all stay safe.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

That is high alt. I lived for a year at about 6.5K and I felt like a grew a 3rd lung when I got home.

RLTW

• Options

I believe they say it's the highest tourney in the country. When I first got out of the service and landed in Colorado, my favorite

hunting was for big mulies at timberline. Sure wasn't running full bore though.😊

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

We were in Rocky Mountain Nat’l Park where it pops over the high spot right about 12,000 feet outside Estes and there was a flock of elk standing over there. I thought I’d walk over and take a picture of them and got about halfway and thought “wow this is close enough”. I must have walked all of 100 yards.

• Options

Yeah my kids told me I would have got an even better shot if I’d taken it when the elk came over to sniff and see if I was dead.

• Options

That’s so weird hearing that. Last time I was in Aspen or Vail there was one dirt road each.

• Options

Darryl, looks like Vail athletic field, Vail mountain school and Ford field.

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

When I step out the front door, I am almost at 8000 ft. here in Colorado.

Moving the way they have to, to play, I don't think so.

I am doing good just to walk around. 😉

Good luck to your grandson.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭

Too bad those kids don't have constructive work to do with all that energy.

• Options

Checked the board this morning, they had a pretty rough day. I think they knew that going in. They are a new bunch of guys and coming from various parts of different states, don't get any practice time together. It is easy to pick out the teams that

have been together for a year or two. They do have fun though.