In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

U.N. Mandates Reparations For all Africa descendants

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Politics

Looks like The IMF will be funded for it plus anything Congress does for them.Taxes are sure to go up in the long run.I guess The 1964 Civil Rights Act was not enough. I see a lot of Blacks better off then my family but I am the wrong color I suppose.

serf

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/nation-world/story/2021-06-28/citing-racism-un-rights-chief-seeks-reparations-for-blacks

GENEVA —The U.N. human rights chief, in a landmark report launched after the killing of George Floyd in the United States, is urging countries worldwide to do more to help end discrimination, violence and systemic racism against people of African descent and “make amends” to them — including through reparations.

The report from Michelle Bachelet, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, offers a sweeping look at the roots of centuries of mistreatment faced by Africans and people of African descent, notably from the transatlantic slave trade. It seeks a “transformative” approach to address its continued impact today.

Reparations should not only be equated with financial compensation,” she wrote, adding that it should include restitution, rehabilitation, acknowledgement of injustices, apologies, memorization, educational reforms and “guarantees” that such injustices won’t happen again. ie Grovel - kowtow

Comments

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

why don'don't t they look at the many countries around the world that are killing hundreds if not thousands of people...oh my the UN is a joke composed of useless suits sucking up money.....don't forget Chiba and their relentless drive to be number one in the world.....what u say did;n' hear a word ????

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

The U.N. can go get bent.

I have not, do not, will not own a slave. Why the hell should I be punished for something I've never done?

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin

At some point aren't we ALL African descendants??

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

What I'm thinking would get me in trouble if I posted it.

Edit: But I just can't resist.

"At some point aren't we ALL African descendants??"

And all dogs descended from wolves BUT even so you wouldn't want a true out of the wild wolf for a pet, right?

When Caucasians were sculpting statues, erecting beautiful architecture, and living under organized rules, the Africans were living in mud huts(some still do) and killing and eating their neighbors.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Why do Africans think their slavery was worse than what’s going on today in the world? India has 18.4 million slaves, China has 3.4 million. Other countries with significant slave populations are Russia, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran and Sudan.

How about we fix that first?

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

The UN Mandates!! 😲

That worthless outfit has no power over me!