In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Family wedding...classic car pic and a story

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of my great niece and a fine young man and recently ordained minister she met in college. There are one of those couples you could tell were meant for each other right from the start....The fathers of the bride and groom are both ministers and shared in the wedding. My Nephew walked her down the isle, gave her away and did the vows. I will give the guy a lot of credit holding it together up there...It was a wonderful, touching ceremony to say the least.

The plan for the day was to drive them away from the reception in my Brother's (Bride's grandfather) restored 1970 442. The plan got washed out as a huge storm rolled in with hail in the area so we had to take it back to the garage to avoid any damage....

25 years ago, the same car was used to drive my niece and her husband (the father of the bride/minister) away from their reception. So the plan now is to get both couples together soon and takes pics of all four of them with the car.......

It was interesting to watch all the young folks taking selfies and pics of groups with the car. I did have to ask one young man to remove his butt from the hood....comments about wow, this car is over 50 years old were heard several times....

When my Brother drove it away from the outside reception, the crowd knew for sure what the sound was..😲

Comments