In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Have to wear fishing glasses until the new lens is made

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Caught a flying something that chipped the lens on my glasses. Guy across the road was mowing.. took out a little piece of the polycarbonate lens. So now I have my dark glasses to wear for two weeks. Keep telling my Wife it is dark inside.

Comments

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

WOW! Sucks your lens was damaged(expensive I know) BUT imagine what that would have done to your eyeball if you wasn't wearing them😱. So, unlucky AND lucky at the same time!

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Sound like you need some eye-wear appropriate activity. Time to go fishin'!

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Insurance took care of most of the cost. However isn't any amount in the world could buy my eyesight.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

glad your ok and your spot on , no matter the cost of a pair of glasses its nothing to a life time of loosing a eye

I will wager like a lot of you the older I have gotten the more I worry about my eyes and make sure my wife and sons also wear safety glasses

when I had cataracts they came on fast and not being able to see just pushed me harder to make sure I take care of my eyes that was two years ago however there screwed from surgery many years ago I have terrible star burst effects but I want to keep what I have

add in I worked with three fellows over the years a bb took out a eye for them have a cousin lost one to a nail gun

as a kid I was 1/2" away from blinding my brother we were having a bb gun battle stupid kids and bored . I hit him right between the eyes with a pump up Crossman he razed his head into the shot I was not trying to hit him . the only time and last time i would ever do that or even point gun even a bb gun at any one I was about 12 . he is gone now but I still think how close I was to changing his or my life forever ( he could have hit me just as easy )