In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

just saw the ohio govenor........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

think he is Dewine, signed a bill that basically states college football/maybe all college players can now make money off their name. Wouldn't this basically take away the amature status of the said athletes and can he overide the NCAA and their rules on not letting college players get paid...?????

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,240 ✭✭✭✭

They have been doing it for years. My brother played football at Georgia, he told me that certain players wound up with brand new Sting Rays.

This is just making it official. College football is so corrupt that I can hardly stand to watch it.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Never mind the players, the referees and the points spread .

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭✭

It's all about the amount of money the games bring to the school. Just the OSU/ UM games which are always sellouts, make tons of money.

Joe

• Options
    MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭

Well there is a reason that the highest paid person in any state government is the Football coach and not the Governor.

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Since a lot of College feetsball players graduate with a degree they can barely read or comprehend the "free" tuition, books, room and board will not be enough to get by on.

I am not sure why people think it is okay for a school to rake in billions tax free off the names faces and backs of players. It is their name, their bodies and they should get as much as they can from it, College feetsball should share the wealth with the ones making them wealthy. Even if they make it to the pro's their tenure as a player is short.