In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I need help identifying antique S&W revolver

Brad07Brad07 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hi!

I’ve had this in my collection for years and want to list it. I was hoping someone would be able to identify the model. Any info would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Not knowing what caliber you have I will venture a guess that it is a S&W .44 Double Action First Model.

• Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭

It is a S&W Model 44 double action (frontier). Probably 44 Russian cal.

• Options

Thank you for your replies, I’m sorry I didn’t add enough info, every time I was typing my question the page would refresh and I would lose my typing. Is double action when it cocks back in two positions? It seems to cock back in one position. I don’t know what caliber it is either, but cylinder holds six rounds. Is there anything else I should take pictures of that will give more information? Thanks again!

• Options
    gbargbar Member Posts: 6

Double action means that, with the hammer down, one pull of the trigger will cock and fire the gun.

Single action means that you have to manually cock the hammer before you pull the trigger to fire the gun.

• Options

Ok thanks I understand now, it’s definitely a double-action.