In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber Micro 9 Stainless - Barrel Material

rpramblerrprambler Member Posts: 3

Does anyone out there know what stainless steel alloy Kimber uses for the Micro 9 Stainless barrel?

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Good question. The most common for barrels is 416-R but I think you will have to give Kimber a call to find out for sure. If you do call and find out, let us know what they say. Sorry I wasn't more help. Bob

• Options

Thanks, Bob. I will contact them and report back! I didn't see any way to send them an e-mail on their website, so I'll try calling them.

• Options

Just talked to Kimber customer service. Apparently that is information they don't give out. Probably considered proprietary. Bummer. I am a metallurgist and just want to know. For comparison, Ruger is fairly open with this kind of info.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Well it was worth a shot giving them a call. To bad they weren't a bit more informative. Also thanks for letting us know because a lot of posters just fade away and we never know what happens.

Before I forget, welcome to the forum. Bob