In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Problems with updating the total cost of a listing

schnauzerman8798schnauzerman8798 Member Posts: 2

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with gunbroker not letting them enter/update the total costs to reflect shipping and insurance? The item I closed on last week hasn't been updated with the shipping cost and the seller said gunbroker won't let him save the information when he goes to put it in. I don't know where to go from here and I'm especially wary considering recent online scams. I contacted gunbroker last week and haven't heard anything from their end. Is there a faster way to contact them than email? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Are you wanting to finalize a sold invoice with an actual shipping cost, or update a current item? If it's an item that has sold where the shipping costs are "actual", then there is no way that I know of to enter that into the invoice, or change the invoice at all once the auction is ended.

• Options
    schnauzerman8798schnauzerman8798 Member Posts: 2

I was wanting to finalize a sold invoice with the shipping cost. Gunbroker keeps saying it's waiting for the seller to finish putting those charges in before I pay for it, and that I'd get an email when he/she does, yet nothing has changed. Without there being an official cost that someone can go back to and find on gunbroker, I'd think I'd be susceptible to a scam since they wouldn't cover anything without being able to acknowledge the total price, almost like a back door transaction that never existed. I've found other comments on here where buyers pay for the item and sellers never ship it and they have a heck of a time filing a claim, so I'm a little uneasy about the whole thing.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

I sold an item last week where the shipping was "actual cost", due to the size/weight of the item, and I had no idea where it would be going. Once the item was sold, the invoice was a hard copy in my sold items, and I, as a seller, had no way to change it, or add anything too it. If the seller accepts a credit card, then that might help you sleep a little better.