In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help to Identify 1911 frame

BodhiBodhi Member Posts: 3

I need some help to identify maker of the 1911 frame. There is no markings I can see other than the serial number. Seller advised he thought it was a Colt? Thank you in advance. B

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

looks like an auto ordnance

• Options

Thank you mac10 for the information. The serial number just visually looked different than the few Colts I have. I placed a bid,and won the auction at what I felt was a good price (considering what the conversion kits alone are running) Just was curious as to what frame I had purchased. Any idea on the date of manufacture of the lower?

• Options

sorry no,, looks like you got a 22 colt conversion build?

• Options

Yes Sir. I have a Advantage Arms conversion for my Glock 23 and enjoy being able to spend a day at the range without breaking the bank so I thought I’d take the same route for the 1911. I recently purchased a Marvel conversion on a Foster frame 1911 (it should be at my ffl Monday) but I still had still been looking at the Colt conversion unit. I reload my pistol and rifle ammunition but finding powder and primers here in Ky has lately been a challenge. With you sending me in the right direction on the frame (and google pics) I do believe you are correct with it being auto ordnance. Serial number looks visually the same. I did then read a post online as to a guys experience calling Kahr arms and them dating the frame. If it was produced after they purchased AO they’ll give a date of manufacture.I’ll give them a call Monday. Appreciate your help,B

• Options

nice i have 3 colt conversions currently bought during i gota have them phase gives nice kick not like simple blow backs