In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prices

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

With prices being what they are all I've bought this year, to date, is a set of choke tubes from mmpress. No ammo, no firearms, no other accessorizes. I've put several of the items plugged here on the forum on my watch list, aptly named because watch is all I do. I have enough ammo to hunt several years, with life time supplies for several chamberings. Glad I do.

If ammo prices normalize I'll stock up on several handgun chamberings, add some 22lr and buy some cases of shotgun shells. But I'm fine for now.

I have a reloading press and dies for several of my rounds. I need to focus more in that area and stock up.

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

due to commodity price of metals i dont see much change for the year

• Options

Especially with fuel prices this high. that raises to cost on everything. Give or take some I'll spend an extra 1000 dollars on fuel myself as compared to last year.

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I hope prices settle down some more.

Bought an NOS Zastava M85 micro Mauser in .223 earlier this year. Did a search online before I bid and everything I found lead me to believe it had 1-10 twist. Oh No, tight patch down the bore shows 1-12 and it refuses to stabilize any of the 55 grain ammo I have. I don't mind admitting, it hurt paying panic price for 80 rounds each of 40's and 45's.

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭

Not a good time to be a buyer. Still shoot regularly even though it decreases my inventory. Glad I stocked up years ago. Figure prices will eventually come down and I will be able to restock at reasonable cost.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭

Selling price+ tax+ shipping+ transfer. It all ads up in a hurry. Even on Flea Bay parts and especially barrels doubled in less than a year. Hope the goose does not die laying the Golden Egg.--------------------------------Ray

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭

I have plenty of 22lr, 223, and am not hurting on any of my larger caliber stuff. I have decreased my shotgun shooting by quite a bit. The price of ammo and reloading supplies for shotgun is just plain nuts. The price of just primers alone for a 25rd box is almost more than I paid for loaded ammo 2 years ago.😫 Bob

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Reloading powder averaging around $40++ a pound in this neck of the woods if you can even find such and some sellers have a 1 lb limit per purchase, no large rifle primers to be found and magnum large rifle primers are limited to box of 100 and can only be purchased with a box of 100 bullets. Joe needs to send me some more stimulus coins for reloading purchases.

I'm stocked up for now but stock is getting weak.

Joe was on TV few days ago and says the economy is getting better. I do not know what planet he is on.

• Options
    edited July 2021

I bought a thousand Federal 209A primers awhile back. That is what the smokeless muzzle loader manufacture recommended. Since I couldn't find any locally I had to order them and with shipping and hazmat fees it didn't make since to order a small lot. So I have those. I also have a few thousand small rifle primers and about ten pounds of different rifle powder.

What I don't have is a stock of bullets, large rifle primers, handgun primers of any kind, or handgun powder. The .454 uses small rifle primers. I do have a life time supply of hunting ammo in 300wsm, 243, 375 H&H, 22lr and 12ga slugs, and enough self defense ammo for some practice and carry for a few years.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Bidenflation. Get used to it because its going to get worse.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭

I caught some CCI Mini Mag at Wallyworld last week for 7.98/100....A local shop had 100rd Federal 115 gr FMJ at 39.99..

Not where they were before all this crazy took over but not as crazy as I have seen it either !!!

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭

Considering today's prices you did pretty good on the mini mags. Everyone knocks Wally World and the big box sporting good stotes like BassPro/Cabelas but they aren't abusing their customers wallets like a lot of retailers are right now. Bob

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭✭

Stopped at local zDunhams today . Display cases fill of all types of guns ,really good selection . Ammo was limited with only a few boxes of high end 9 mm for pistols . Some bulk packs of 556 and a scattering of hunting zmmo . Likewise some high end slugs and buckshot .. The rifle ammo a nd shotgun slugs / buckshot were $1.00 or more a shot ( eastern NC ).

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭

I bought a kit to convert an AR15 to a side charging handle and a Hi-lux scope for an AK. That's about all I bought this entire year so far.