In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How far can a .22lr Kill part 2

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
edited July 2021 in General Discussion

I suspect more than just a few here have followed Iraqveteran8888 through the years, and likely you've seen part 1 of this. And while there is much ado up front about setup that you could fast forward through, the shooting portion is worth a view and the results are fun.

RIP Barry.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I bet it would be lethal out to a mile and a half if it was fired at an angle to reach that distance and happened to hit a person just right.

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

I used to live on the river in Knoxville, TN when I was a kid and on the other side of the river from our house there was a spur railroad track where some old boxcars were parked between 3/8s to 1/2 mile away. I would have to aim about 45 degrees high using 22 shorts to hit them. I would shoot and about 3 seconds later you hear a faint plink when it hit. The 22 lr didn't take but about a second and a half to hit at approx. A 25 degree angle and the sound was more than just a faint plink. You could definitely hurt someone at that distance with a 22 lr.