In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dog taught me a new trick

BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

He has learned that setting his ball down in front of me and giving a woof is a ticket to get me to take him outside and throw his ball for him a few times. He brings it back and drops it near me then sits for a few seconds while I throw it again.

He seems to like it, sort of surprised me with him being an 18 lb terroir shitzu cross. But he’s better at bringing it back than a lot of other dogs I’ve had.

Comments

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

My Pit drops it at my feet and gives me that sealhead look, so I throw it and she races over to it, and destroys it, reducing it to molecules of tennis ball. Then she comes back and looks at me like “throw it again!!”

Favorite wife had a Shih Tzu and he was great at playing fetch. Tireless too. It’s great for their recall practice.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

My wife's cat does this with his toy mouse. He thinks he is a feline retriever! 😁

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

"so I throw it and she races over to it, and destroys it, reducing it to molecules of tennis ball. "

There's a message in that statement.

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

Oldest son has an Aussie/English Shepherd cross that loves to chase balls. When we were watching her while he was on a trip if I was on my computer I'd get the "Cold Nose" treatment ( right arm popping up in air every so often) until I'd take her out and let her run off some energy.

We had a "Chuckit" ball launcher that let me throw a tennis ball sized rubber ball quite a bit further than I could with just my arm. Had one ball that whistled and another that glowed in the dark (which she loved for evening sessions)

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭

I've never had a dog teach me a trick, BikerBob. I did have a deer teach me a couple though. If I remember, her name was Bambi.

😜

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Jeff Lol - now that’s funny

We are using the chuckit balls. They seem to hold up very well, just taking about getting one of the launchers this evening. Maybe we should, before I wrench a shoulder!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,996 ******