In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mandatory Vaccines

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Politics

OK guys, trash me now and get it over with.

I remember in the '40's and '50's that I needed vaccine cards to take to school in order to be admitted. I remember quarantine cards on neighbors front doors. Granted that was a different time and this is a different situation. The best argument I see against mandatory vac is that it's not FDA approved and thus experimental. I don't know if there even was a FDA in the '40's. There is a value in mandatory vaccines.

If these kids don't go back to school this fall we will end up with a group of young adults in 10 years that can't be productive in society and just hope the government will take care of them.

I've had my shots because I'm a old guy and at high risk. I think what started out to be a great program from Trump has turned into a huge political disaster. Why Fauci is still on the job is a mystery to me. We simply are following a path to destruction.

Well this has gone on too long and now I need another blood pressure pill an possibly a beer. I probably should have posted this on the politics board but it really isn't about politics - just about how the country is dealing with the virus.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

These vaccines were rushed into development and they are still experimental. I feel I am more at risk driving on the freeway than I am contracting or dying from this 'pandemic'

There is no recourse if you get the vaccine and have complications because the pharma companies are immune from lawsuit based on their experimental status.

Now the media would have people believe that the problem is the people refusing to get vaccinated. I don't need some politician telling me I'm the problem. My body, my choice.

Once Upon A Time in Wuhan.... (odysee.com)

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭

got my shots as a kid and the polio vac in 1968 did not contract any of it so why do folks get sick after the jab now ???

• Options

I agree chris8X57. For decades haven't we heard "my body my choice" from the women of America? Now joe (or whoever writes his notes) tells us differently.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭

Politics and medicine sure don't make good bedfellows. I was watching the Five the other day and right after a news segment about vaccinated people still being able to pass the virus to others a discussion ensued. Geraldo made the statement that unless you were vaccinated you must stay away from his grandkids. Don't they even listen to their own news reports? If vaccinated can pass the virus along just like the unvaccinated why did he make that distinction about who could visit?

There has been so much contradictory info from the politicians and news people, we have no way of knowing the truth. Bob

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

Epoch Times has a article and links to reports indicating that the vaccines are possibly causing far more mutating than the un vaccinated just in case anyone is interested.

• Options

Bobjudy, I know Geraldo has done some good work as a war corespondant decades ago but the night of the prime time TV special of him opening what turned to be out an empty safe stands out for me. Even Klinton and Obozo's staff couldn't spin that one.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Here in America your rights are for sell along with your vote when the money changers arrive with their schemes buying off we the people. One way or another. Shortages is one way to ensure your compliance along with discounts, and they play both ends of it to the middle. The Stick and the carrot. It's the oldest game in history after prostitution.

serf

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

We are test subjects for the vaccines, and thus far the tests seem to be successful.

To the OP, however, the fact is that Smallpox and polio were infecting and killing children was the legitimacy for mandating those vaccines. Sars Covid 2 is not a statistically significant risk to children, so the legitimacy of a mandate (for either the vaccine or a mask) does not exist.

Getting vaccinated should be a personal choice. Anyone in this country who wants one tomorrow can get one tomorrow.

No reason to throw in the politically charged 'My body, my choice', or other red herrings. This disease only damages those who have reached the age of majority, and therefore from a very basic Constitutional stance, its treatment should be left to those individuals. When the time comes, parents should have the right to decide as to whether their children should be vaccinated.

The bottom line is that the non-vaccinated are not a threat to children or to the vaccinated. What reasonable society would impose its will upon citizens with this being the case?

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,385 ******

From the OP " There is a value in mandatory vaccines."

Well you got that correct, but the value is in who is making money of this "virus" follow the money and it will show you it is not about protecting people, it's about making money off of people that are too complacent to bother with finding out the truth...

My opinion, yet I am not alone in that opinion, my body my choice and I choose not to be a lab rat.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

Something that is largely missing in the current discussion is the assumption that humans only transmit this virus.

There have been fairly exhaustive studies that show smallpox and polio (as examples) can only be hosted by humans. At this point it seems highly likely that the Covid-19 virus can be hosted by animals.

The eradication of smallpox and polio were only possible because of the human only infection and transmission.

This seems to the stated goal of the 'science' regarding Covid-19, but the probability of it being hosted by non-humans makes this pipe dream impossible.

Mandatory vaccines will only be effective if all potential hosts get vaccinated. Or eliminated.

Good luck with that, science.

Ignore these talking empty head. Do what you believe to be right for you and live life as you choose.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly.. either one can only kill you once...

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Population control... look how fast they are replacing the one's in this country who have died...

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,416 ******

I did read that Michigan's deer heard is 60% Covid positive. Pretty sure this news story is pure BS as much of the news stuff we are getting slammed with is the same. The testing that has been done to determine this infection has been proven not to work for these specific virus's and lets face it, our DNR has not been out in my woods or any other woods that I know of testing all of those deer who are patiently waiting in long lines to be tested!

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Viruses mutate to survive. Killing the host negates the possibility the virus will survive so it attempts to avoid this outcome. It infects the host, rides the snot Uber to its next host and continues on its merry way. The unleashing of a man-made virus from a controlled environment is much like letting a pet into the wild. At first it goes after only prey that is easily taken. Upon adaptation it becomes stronger at spreading and less deadly to insure survival. The introduction of a vaccine insures it will evolve to survive.

Coronaviruses can not be stopped via vaccine. If that were possible we would no longer have the common cold, the common flu or any other upper respiratory viral illness.

Proactively treating Covid-19 prior to hospitalization is the answer. It doesn't advance the agenda so it isn't being done. Sick folk are encouraged to stay home without any treatment until they are so sick they must be hospitalized.

Hydroxychloraquinine (sp?) and ivermectin combined with high dose zinc and Vitamin D work. Pharmacist friends say they are encouraged to not dispense or are forbidden to dispense these meds.

As to inter species transmission, if one were to believe China, that is how it started.......

It has been confirmed in primates, canines and felines.

• Options
    MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭

If cheap Ivermectin (a Merck product that patent has expired for) were pronounced a viable treatment for the COVID 19 virus the vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, could not be distributed under the "emergency authorization".

Follow the money. Just sayin