In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JC Penney Model #4520 3-9X32 Rifle Scope

kedrskedrs Member Posts: 5

Hey Guys- looking for any info this JC Penney scope I acquired from my uncle. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭

looks like a rebranded weaver for jcp like sears did

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Check closely for "JAPAN." If not, probably a Weaver or Bushnell made for JCPenny. Either way good enough for casual shooting.

As BobJudy said, the glass in Japan was very good quality. Mechanically, who knows. I have never seen a JAPAN scope go bad. I would use it in non-severe hunting conditions, i.e., don't use it in Alaska or the Rocky Mountains.

• Options

Thanks. It does have "Japan". Does it make it better or worse for quality?

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭

During that era it probably is as good or better optically but perhaps not quite as good mechanically compared to an American built model. Bob

• Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

usually older Japanese scopes(60's -80's) were of decent quality for lower priced ones, it does look much more to be a rebranded Bushnell, they were some of the better ones. I have a few old Bushnells similar to your scope and they have clearer and sharper imaging today than a lot of todays lower priced scopes..

• Options

Thanks to everyone for their expertise. Its great to get some background info on this scope.