In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1903A3 Remington Stock

kedrskedrs Member Posts: 5

I have acquired a Remington stock from a family member and was looking for any additional info. My uncle had bought this rifle and put a sporterized stock on it and put the original stock in the closet. The gun is long gone. There is little info on the internet about all the identifying marks on the stock and would like to find out more info if anyone would care to share. Thanks.

Comments

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

I would suggest you post this on the Milsurps forums. Those guys on the 1903/A3 forum know all the "ins & outs" of those rifles and can probably tell you the name and address of the guy that originally put the rifle together. I will say this: The two "circle P" stamps at the grip indicate the stock was on a rifle that was initially proved (proofed), and then on a rifle that went through a rebuild program and proofed again.

• kedrskedrs Member Posts: 5
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

What used to be a $25 stock is now selling for $100 - 150 with the hardware on it. It has the screw type reinforcement bolts (2) which is desirable. FJA is the final acceptance stamp (Col. Frank J. Atwood ) Sorry, can't find my Springfield book.

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

The small symbols in front of the trigger group are "inspector stamps", indicating that it is an "original" stock, not a replacement.

It might help to see a close up of the bolt handle notch.

Neal