In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Infrastructure Deal

SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭

Characterizes all of what's wrong with federal government. It belongs at the bottom of the ocean.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

11 million illegals to become citizens in the bill and The Senate will probably go along with it.

Bernie Sanders is waiting for the next bill that is linked to this one, it's The$3.5 trillion budget 'reconciliation' bill.

The biggest welfare Bill in History!

serf

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭

Schumer is already bragging that the 3.5 trillion dollar deal will be the most significant piece of legislation ever, exceeding even the New Deal and the Great Society.

It used to be we bemoaned the fact that they were spending money we do not have.

Today it is obvious the we and they know they are spending money we will never have.

This makes my head hurt, but more significantly, it makes my heart hurt. Trump and the GOP had the chance with a growing economy to actually craft and implement a balance budget.

The fact that they abandoned this possibility puts on full display the lie promulgated by the GOP that it is the party of fiscal responsibility. On one level, I am glad that I will be long dead with crap of what is being sowed is harvested. What pains me is that it will be harvested on the backs of our grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

For those of you who keep perpetuating the two-party mantra of, well he is better than her, or he is better than him, well, this is what you get.

Give a thought to how liberty looks when the government we allowed to expand is taking 75% of everything your children earn.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,416 ******
    edited August 2021

Anyone ever feel like you are just dreaming all this crazy BS and pretty soon you will just wake up to what we once were as a nation?

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

It's going to get worse..

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭

Schumer says that these massive bills will be paid for by making the rich pay their "fair" share. One thing they have never defined is what they mean by "fair" share. When the people they now define as rich run out of money how long before they lower the bar until everyone will be paying the new "fair" share? With the massive inflation these bills will generate and the increase in taxes we will soon be just like Venezuela. Bob

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Bernie Sanders has! The Rich will pay more for Social security (up to 250,000 Taxable) 0n a salary and more Income taxes on investments with less write offs!

serf

Sen. Bernie Sanders took to the Senate floor on Monday to discuss the budget resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02i1_eE2VYI

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭

Bernies and Chuckies plan to increase taxes on the wealthy and reduce taxes on lower incomes is nothing but an inept economic plan to buy votes. They have already ramped up inflation and these two bills will cause inflation to soar. The average family may save $500/yr in taxes and have to spend $2000 more because of inflation. If they tax corporations a penalty because of high CEO salaries that cost will just be passed on to you and me. The complaints about income equality are uninformed and bogus anyway. What will be the incentive for innovation and people to be successful if there is no reward because of government taxation penalties? What is fair about increasing someone's taxes when the rich actually receive less govt services than the middle class? A corporation may use more infrastructure, like roads for transportation, but that is offset by the salaries they pay which are taxed. Remember AOC leading the drive to keep Amazon out of her district? Being such a genius she neglected to figure out the taxes on the payroll would have been more than the tax incentives given to Amazon. This path to financial insolvency is what you get when a 60s hippie grows up to be Bernie Sanders. Bob

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭

+ That's my line when I talk to people. I think I am in a South Park episode and I will wake up in the AM. Nary, nope, it's like Groundhog Day over and over. Yes, the USA just got more insane and spreading faster than Cummo can grab a whole sorority of breasts.