In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

its over

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Politics

afghan president flees and Biden had nothing to do with it, he is on vacation

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Like Vietnam wasn't Russia in Afganistan for twenty years or so too? You can't go into another country and "help" them without the backing of the citizens and an unwillingness to kill off those who are opposing.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******

Trump said “ chithole country” and everyone raised he’ll. He was right.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

Our history of leaving told the Taliban that they just had to wait us out. The civilians knew as well, which is why so many rode the fence.

There is a special place on in hell reserved for those who committed us to this war. Fighting them over there did not work out so well.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

Now all the chitlins want to leave & infect other countries.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭

Well, Friday Biden said Trump was at fault and then the misfit took off to get some rehab because of his relentless schedule.😶 meanwhile Kammilious is in hiding somewhere tweeting about covid caused by the rally in Sturgis.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Biden is doing something about it: He is blaming Trump.

Story is on Breitbart

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe that's why they call it " The Graveyard of Empires"...

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Nation building only works when the populace wants the kind of nation that you're trying to build.............the people in Afghanistan don't want American style democracy...........and they can't work within that sort of system. Too much religion and too many tribes.

• Options
    edited August 2021

Didn’t someone say that a bunch off hillbillies with semiautomatic rifles couldn’t defeat the most powerful army in the world?

(joe biden)

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

They didn't the defeated the politicians and generals along with the Itel community. I never lost a fight against them in 30 months over there.

RLTW

• Options
    edited August 2021

I agree, Sam. I didn’t mean to disparage or soldiers. My apologies.

I was trying to highlight Biden’s reasoning as to why no one should have an “ assault “ rifle.

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure that the Taliban is now well equipped with a bunch of US material that the Afghans are turning over. Now they will have something more sophisticated than Russian DSHK machine guns bolted into the beds of Toyota pickup trucks.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

So George W. Bush’s goat-screw ended in Biden’a premature evacuation.

Hopefully both the neo-cons and neo-coms have learned something.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭

Trump had a plan for the exit . Bide "knew" he could do it better . Just another screwup since he took office . Inflation ,gas prices on the rise etc . Hops the sheeple who voted democrat are en joying their new greendeal .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭

...Biden is a gutless, certified idiot....after OUR blood and the Afghan military blood (50-60,000), and the countless civilian lives that have, and will be lost...up to 10,000 Americans still there...the moron should be committed before the senile POS kills more Americans, he makes me sick...