In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help ID Unknown German Scope mount

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

I need help to ID this scope mount with the only markings "made in Germany" The rings are 26mm

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

it 'looks like' a side mount for any number of bolt action rifles. in your first and last picture you have the 'rings' on backward

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

It may be a semi-custom made mount. The removable mount is reversed on the base. Assembled properly, the rings are over the centerline of the receiver. It is a high quality removable scope mount typical of German precision workmanship. I have not seen one like it with the screw attaching feature.

Even if you knew the maker, what would that prove?? It is a high quality removable mount common in Europe made in Germany. I agree with your time frame and into the 60's.

• Options

I know it fits a Husqvarna with FN type actions. I also believe it's not a one off which is why I'm trying to find the maker. I believe it's from the 1940's or 50's because the 2 piece box that it came in had a cover that was stapled

• Options

Here's a couple pics of the box