In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How many days before Americans are held in a hostage situation in Afghanistan??

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in Politics

My guess is less than two weeks. Your thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

dreher, I think it will be much longer. There has to be a plan on how to get them home. I don't think there is one yet.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭

Not many.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I'd say they already are. Today's (Sat.) news said U.S. passports are already being confiscated at Taliban roadblocks and occasionally the person is being battered.

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

"I'd say they already are."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!!

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭

The question is not how many days before, but how LONG, they will be held hostage if not killed.

Consider who the Commander in Chief is. This guy actually trusts the Taliban. He seems to forget their long established past of pure evil.

Check foreign news sources or ask people who have been there and seen the Taliban's brutality.

Most important: Dont believe the main stream media. They have completely downplayed and ignored the revenge and reprisasl happening because it makes "Taliban Joe" Biden look bad.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

would the ones left take comfort in knowing they will be killed by American weapons ?

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

It will not be presented as a hostage situation. The Taliban will demonstrate how costly it is to transport the people through isis or alqueda held territory, and request came compensation for that cost. If history is our guide, we will pay this very reasonable request.

If we follow the Reagan model, of course.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

"Americans in Afghanistan"

I don't have much (any) sympathy for anyone who is still there.

About 3 weeks before my retirement date in 2008, a recruiter for a DOD contractor showed up in my office with an offer for 3-5 years of work in the Middle East. It was a LOT of $$ and I considered it seriously. I turned the offer down mostly because even though I needed the money, I decided my family needed ME more than money.

If things had gone well, I'd be in a far better place financially now but if it went the other way, my family would have suffered deeply. Going to dangerous places in the pursuit of $$ is often a poor choice and many of those 'Americans' still in Afghanistan are there because they see dollar signs. Just my opinion.