In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contact GB, charged me state sales tax twice for one sale

Boomer7957Boomer7957 Member Posts: 3

Please I need some help! I have emailed GB a half a doz times and they refuse to email me back. I put a gun up for sale, it was "purchased" at the buy it now price. Buyer never contacted me, I emailed called, text to no avail. After two weeks I cancelled the sale. Relisted it, sold again with no problem. GB charged me twice and refused to remove the first sale that was cancelled. It would not let me just pay the one sale that went through. This was my first transaction with GB. They will not email or contact me back, I have left my phone number and emailed numerous times. Any ideas before I have to take legal action?

Comments

• Options

Oh, GB was nice enough to charge my credit card for the two state sales tax.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

You need to file a claim for refund for the first sale. And only do it ONCE.

• Options

Thank you, please forgive my ignorance. I found the Credit Request and BPP Claims, neither of which address this issue. Any idea which one to use? I read up on the Credit Request and it was for listing fees, not what I am looking for.

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,005 ******
    1. The forums are separate from the auctions, and no auction support is available here. SOMETIMES, you might get a piece of useful advice, but no support.
    2. You must file the non-paying bidder report and make a credit request.
    3. When contacting Support about a particular issue, do it ONCE and wait. With every subsequent contact your issue gets pushed to the bottom of the pile.
  • Options
    Anthony Anthony Member Posts: 96 ✭✭

Nunn kind of hit the hammer on the head. GB customer support isn't that great at all I will admit but they tend to resolve issues correctly. I know it's a nuisance and a half to have to wait weeks to hear back from them to resolve your issue but they will ultimately. I speak this from about a years worth of experience.

This discussion has been closed.