In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I can't help but believe

asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭

that biden has American blood on his hands.

Other countries have had troops out in Kabul locating and extracting their citizens while American troops simply hold the airport. Why is it Great Britain and Australia can negotiate an agreement for this action while we can't/won't?

It seems apparent to me the taliban has denied us access to the city to find and remove American citizens because some, if not all, have already been tortured or killed.

I pray I'm wrong, but we must keep in mind the nature of the emboldened beast being dealt with.

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

It seems that America politicians cannot understand that you cannot fight another's civil war. George Washington said it best! We soon shall pay a high price for their indulgence.

serf

https://historynewsnetwork.org/blog/3572

The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop. ...

Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest. But even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand, neither seeking nor granting exclusive favors or preferences; consulting the natural course of things; diffusing and diversifying by gentle means the streams of commerce, but forcing nothing; establishing with powers so disposed, in order to give trade a stable course, to define the rights of our merchants, and to enable the Government to support them, conventional rules of intercourse, the best that present circumstances and mutual opinion will permit, but temporary and liable to be from time to time abandoned or varied as experience and circumstances shall dictate; constantly keeping in view that it is folly in one nation to look for disinterested favors from another; that it must pay with a portion of its independence for whatever it may accept under that character; that by such acceptance it may place itself in the condition of having given equivalents for nominal favors, and yet being reproached with ingratitude for not giving more. There can be no greater error than to expect or calculate upon real favors from nation to nation. It is an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard.