In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sig Sauer Barrel Lengths

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

I have two Sig Sauer used barrels that i bought along with other barrels. One was identified as a model P226 and is caliber 40 S&W. The other was identified only as 'Sig Sauer caliber Sig 357'. The 40 S&W measures 3.62 inches. The 357 Measures 3.84 inches. They appear to be the same except for the difference in length and caliber. I listed the 40 S&W and a user told me it was not for the p226 as Sig did not make barrels that short for that model. He suggested it was for the P229. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

The .357 barrel sounds like it come off of a P228/229- which are essentially the same pistol. A P226 should have a barrel just under 4-1/2 inches, so your "shorty" barrel sounds to me like it belongs on a P224, which is a subcompact.

• Anthony Anthony Member Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm no guru on particular barrel lengths but I can without a doubt tell you that a P226 is a full-size model with a barrel length of approximately 4.5", the average length of a full-size pistol barrel. If I remember correctly my P229 has a barrel length of I think 3.9". So the guy above me might be onto something but ultimately I'd call Sig and see what they say.