In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 43 US made vs Aussie made

Guns4saleGuns4sale Member Posts: 3

Which is better US or Aussie made glock 43

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

did not kno they made glock guns in australia

• Options
  • Options

I noticed on the slide us or aust stamped on the slide when shopping on GB

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

As long as it says GLOCK on the side and there hasn't been a bunch of parts changed, you are good to go.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

Glock is based in Austria but from all reports the pistols produced here are of equal quality. Bob

• Options
    Anthony Anthony Member Posts: 96 ✭✭

There is absolutely no difference besides the nostalgia of knowing your gun came from the fatherland. You're simply going to run into more USA models simply because it saves Glock on the cost of shipping them across the globe. Ultimately, the cost for them is literally the same.

• Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

Doesn't the USA military use Glocks now? If so, the Government requires them to be made in the USA, perhaps under the Buy American Act. Therefore Glock would have built a factory here for manufacturing them for Government sales. I was a a Contracting Officer for the Army. I've been retired for 8 1/2 years now and am forgetting a lot of the purchasing regulation references.

The savings on shipping would not be a reason to build Glocks here. It would have much cheaper to ship parts or a complete pistol here than build a manufacturing facility. The Government required the Beretta 92s the built here for sale to the Government. Thus, Beretta had to build a plant here to sell the 92s to the Government.

Jim (victorj19)

Commercial sales do not require a pistol be US made.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I think Glock has that covered. They have a facility in Smyrna, GA that is the USA distributor for all their products. I don't know if they actually assemble guns there, but I believe that assembly of foreign parts on US soil meets the definition of "made in the USA".

My G43 is marked "Austria" on the slide, & "Made in Austria / Glock Inc/Smyrna GA/" is molded into the grip frame, meeting US import requirements. We have no way of knowing what parts are made in Austria, the USA, or somewhere else.

Maybe a writer for a gun magazine will get a VIP tour of the US "factory" & let us know.

Neal

EDIT:

"Unfortunately, at this time GLOCK does not give factory tours to the public." ----- from the Glock USA website

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think you have to be a writer. I was offered a tour a few years ago but was never in Ga. at the right time.

• Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭

quality, there is no difference. finish, the older ones had Tenifer which was done in Austria and couldn't be done in US because of environmental regs. I think at the beginning of Gen4 you had both going on for a while, then they switched to something else besides Tenifer so AUS or US didn't matter, now with Gen5 they have the DLC finish so again it doesn't matter.

This discussion has been closed.