In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Subsonic loads for .308 and 450 Bushmaster

Anyone have some good subsonic loads for either of these with heavy bullets? I have my suppressor now and want to shoot subsonic or near it to see how it does at 100 yards on paper and steel targets.

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Give this a whirl, it's from Hodgdon. There're loads here for the .308 but not the 450.

ETA...

I didn't find much on subsonic 450 loads but I did find this quote from another forum:

"I don't mean to be a stick in the mud on this, but to my way of thinking, if I wanted to have an AR that shot subsonic 45 caliber bullets, I would just buy a 45ACP upper and a can to match. The 450 Bushmaster going subsonic seems like buying a prize longhorn bull then castrating it." Texas Sheepdog

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Here in Indiana the 450 BM is legal to hunt deer with and the .45 acp is not. Shooting a heavy for caliber bullet out of the 450 BM at sub sonic speed could be a good limited range deer gun. While the .45 acp can take deer 1) it's not legal here 2) it's fairly low powered.