In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

30-30 with titegroup

100 grain cast bullet

3.5 grains of titegroup, and another batch with 4.0 grains of titegroup.

Looking for a easy on the shoulder load to get my son started (he is used to shooting 22s).

Any concerns before I try these batches out this weekend? Also do you all normally crimp for 30-30 and if so do you think a load like this is in need of a crimp? I'll be single loading the rounds so I wasn't planning on it but thought I'd at least see what the group has to say.

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

For single loading no crimp required. But, if you plan to run any thru the magazine then a crimp is definitely required. Looks like a mild load and a good way to get a new shooter started. Be sure to stress safety first (yes, I know you know that). Have fun.

• Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

What rifle are you going to shooting those rounds in???

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭

So I shot those loads today...super fun! It felt like just a smidge more recoil than a 22lr Sporter bolt gun. I actually ran all of them through the tube after a while as I figured there was such little recoil that even without the crimp it would be fine....no issues whatsoever.

If you ever want to try a load like this go for it! You can shoot about as fast as you want and the barrel hardly gets warm. 😋