In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig 320 vs M18

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Ask the Experts

Is it only civilian SIGs 320 with misfires? I have not heard anything from the military, except they just awarded a 15 million dollar contract for different models of Glocks now. ??

serf

The Pentagon apparently went looking for some Glock Perfection and tapped the company with a contract worth up to $15 million last week. 

Glock's American-based arm in Smyrna, Georgia, was awarded a $14,999,980 firm-fixed-price five-year contract "for various firearms, spare magazines, and spare parts." The contracting activity was the U.S. Army Contracting Command, Newark, New Jersey. 

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

HAHAHAHAHA

The Special Ops have had Glocks for a long time.

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

$15 million? Pocket change. The holster contract alone for the M18 was worth $49 million!

The P-320 drop-fire issue was resolved well before the M18 contract was awarded. Even so, this will linger on for decades, much like the seventh round stoppage for M1 rifles, early M16s jamming, and cracked slides on early Beretta 92s.

• Options
    edited September 2021

I saw a video since taken down that there are so small of Millimeters in the sear overlap and blocking lever that there is not enough catch to hold their position in normal static conditions. I will not buy this product unless it has an outside safety like the M-17-18.

Why can't America have a premier small arms Gun manufacturer owned by Americans anymore and run safe, well-made weapons to sell to the public as well as the to the government?

Competition single/double on first action striker fired pistols with no safeties other than a 4lb trigger pull for everyday carry is a mistake in my opinion.don't make it be your last.

serf

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

You seem to be making statements under the guise of asking questions. I've given you considerable leeway in the Politics sub forum, but I'm less inclined to do so here. I just want you to be made aware. Mark C.

• Options

One makes a statement, then sleeps on it and surmises an improved view the next day.I guess that goes against being an expert, I apologize for having intuition instead of concrete views, But interaction brings out the best in me and I need a purpose and it works better when others interject their views. Imagination and intuition may make you think I am setting people up on purpose, but I am not.

serf

• Options
    Anthony Anthony Member Posts: 96 ✭✭

The military doesn't much care about anything besides cost, but that's from my untrained eye of how the DoD works. Glocks are much cheaper to produce than the M18. And I'll be damned if that ridiculous Glock 19X is a service weapon!!!