In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My wife and I had the weirdest conversation today.

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

I took her to Celina Oh to get her new phone set up. On the way back we passed the gun store I used to frequent. She said "ARE YOU GOING TO STOP AND LOOK AT GUNS? I said NO, I HAVE ALL THE GUNS I NEED, AND IF I NEED MORE AMMO I'LL JUST MAKE MORE. 😮

We looked at each other and I said "I can't believe I just said that. She just laughed at me.

I guess senility is just around the corner.

Joe

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭

I absolutely burned out on guns. Have not pulled a trigger in over a decade now (which astounds me) and haven't pulled a reloading press handle in the same time. I may never shoot again, unless I have to.

Things change. We change.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options

I was in the barn reloading room the other day and I happened to look at a few boxes of ammo I reloaded. The latest date I saw was Jan of 2012. Kind of sad really, I always enjoyed making my own ammo. Maybe someday.................

Joe

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

You were not next door but some what close to us being in Celina ( as distance goes ) i worked with people who drove from there each day to work . ( to Anna at eh Hoinda shop )

I understand your comment on not needing any more , maybe just getting Old ( in my case ) I have a few I have never shot and more Its been years since I have shot them . and getting a "new one" just does not have the exciting feel it use to have ammo I have my life and my sons life worth unless it got really crazy . but I have fond my self saying the same about tools . as for tools if I had one I need at least three of them in case two broke LOL my sons will have a nigh mare going thru all of it when i kick off .

we family and friends had at least three (or more big ammo wasting days in my back yard but last year the covid and all the shortages we skipped them all kind of hurt the desire to just go it alone . as i use too before kids and nieces nephews and all there friends oh well maybe next year

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

dang a had the opening and did not take it 😍

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

OP mentioned "Celina" and then D-R mentioned "Anna" wondering which state? I'm in Texas and 21 years ago I moved from the place we had outside of Celina over here to Wise county and there is an Anna over near that Celina....

• Options

West central Ohio.

Joe

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I don't have any more guns or any more ammo because those are evil bad things to have. BUT........if I was still interested in the evil bad things...........I would not be buying much right now at these jack * prices.

• Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Mike55 beat me to it !

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Besides trap shooting, a morning of deer hunting and some raccoons, I didn’t shoot as much as normal this past year either.

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

Life is cyclical. We get enthused about things, then it wears off. It's because we're intelligent, curious beings.

So "guns" has lost the luster for now. Big deal. What's next? Vintage fly rods? Fly tying? Coin collecting? Hybridizing roses? There are 1,000 hobbies out there to keep our big strong brains occupied. The guns aren't going anywhere.

As for me, I'm pursuing vintage Rolex watches from the 50s and 60s. Finding abused examples and trying to bring them back to "respectable". It takes a lot of specific knowledge, which is hard to find. And parts are a bearcat. But it's rewarding too.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

For many years I have enjoyed guns and still do but over the years the guns would take a back seat to another favorite of mine cars both I took a liking too when I was 16 yes girls took a big chunk of time and money also lol

And along the way I have side tracked to other hobbies also

As most working fellows I could never afford to have too many hobbies at once so I would sell off one to keep another hobby going it been a life long cycle .

I understand rockys feelings

And sadly I can only hope our grand kids at least have the option to enjoy them

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,382 ******

My budget after I retired put a new spin on my collecting habits.

I have not however given up completely!

😁

• Options

I'm not sure how I managed to renew this thread, but my intention was to quote part of it in another thread. Oh well, nobody was seriously injured so I guess no harm was done.

Joe

• Options

I appreciate the offer, but drums give me a headache, so I will pass. Now if you have a Volvo PV544 in great condition, we'll talk. 😁