In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

These people are NOT my moral compass:

chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Politics

Specifically the news media, Hollywood, West and East Coast Elites, Social media (FB etal) police, and especially Biden and his congress.

Rant over.

Comments

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

No but they sadly seem to be the country's, spinning like a ceiling fan.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭

It is the same people I speak of that are destroying our country.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,334 ******

I give this rant a 0.5.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******

The Safety Department where I worked could always tell you when you were doing something wrong but the couldn’t tell you how to do it right.

It’s kinda like that.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******

“Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions.” 

― Primo Levi

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

My contention is that good men (not bad men) consistently acting upon that position [imposing “the good”] would act as cruelly and unjustly as the greatest tyrants. They might in some respects act even worse. Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under of robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some points be satiated; but those who torment us for their own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to heaven yet at the same time likely to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on the level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.

C.S. Lewis

Arrivederci gigi