In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My wife is losing her job because of mandates

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

I guess this is political since the mandates are clearly political.

My wife works for one of the local hospitals, in an administrative type role (Clinical Informatics). She's done her job (often remotely) all through the beginning of the pandemic through now. Our governor, through abuse of his emergency powers, signed a mandate ordering that all health care workers must be vaxxed, but regardless, the hospital (corporate) has decided they want all employees vaxxed whether they work in this state or not.

She filed a religious exemption, requesting an accommodation (to work from home... which she has done a lot of, or masking, testing, or other such similar), and when that was denied, she filed an appeal which was dismissed nearly out of hand. Her boss has said she could work remotely, but corporate has decided the role can't, for whatever reason (even though she's done it remotely)... that it is an in house position for which no accommodation will be made.

Bottom line, she's losing her job next week. We both agree we'd rather she not work there than submit to such mandates. Finding a similar role in health care, no matter the state, seems unlikely.

We will likely have to sell our home. If we do, we are leaving this god-forsaken state for Idaho or Montana, I guess depending upon where she can find some work. We just had a remodel done on our home and we love it very much, so this is will be hard.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

Sorry to hear. You guys will come out on top. I’m sure of it. It may be a blessing in disguise.

• Options
    edited October 2021

So far, my employer is making no similar mandates and my role is completely WFH already. I can live anywhere. My boss just moved from this area to Florida.

We both feel this is a blessing, we just don't know exactly how it is yet.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I hope the bastages that are mandating the shots go out of business due to lack of employees.

I will stick with "the shot should be your choice and no one else's".

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Look at it like this..... she won't have to pay the mandated State Tax or Federal Tax.

• Options
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

So they take no state tax, federal tax, social security out of her check? Taxes on property, ect? Sure everything is mandated or it will cost you in the long run...

https://tax.idaho.gov/i-1017.cfm

• Options
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Yet,

Learned long ago to never underestimate a DEMOCRAT when it comes to new and higher taxes.

• Options
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Here is a thought.... No one is getting near me in a hospital if I need something done that hasn't been vaccinated. Underlying conditions in the above post.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

I guess it depends on your definition of protection. From the article you posted;

While vaccinated people are getting COVID-19, the virus' effects are severely blunted in them, and breakthrough cases rarely lead to hospitalizations or deaths. That's why public health officials worldwide continue to stress the importance of vaccination.

Regardless, mandates suck, and everyone should be able to make their own educated choice. Bob

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭

I think everyone should be able to make their own choice - educated or not -

ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO WHO IS DOING THE "EDUCATING".

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

as a millionire demecrate that dosent pay taxes makes me exempt right?🤣

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin

Prayers for you and your wife, MR. P.

• Options

Fundamentally I agree with you 100%. Especially when it concerns who is doing the educating. The dumbing down of the general population makes for easy control by others as well as stupid decisions. Witness the Afghan withdrawal and those that still support and believe in good ol' Joe. Ol' Joe made poor decisions about how to do the withdrawal and some still think he got it right. That shows ignorance and control by the politicians.

On a personal note I did a helluva lot of research before making my vaccine decision. I didn't want it to be a "hold my beer" moment. If someone wants to make decisions based on nothing but fear and emotions it is their right to do so. But it is also my right to do the research and weigh all of the ramifications before I allow somebody to jab a needle in my arm. Which approach make more sense?

Now we have the DOJ interfering with parents trying to influence what their kids are taught. Please refer back to the dumbing down and control comment above. Bombard them with propaganda when they are young and teach them all to think alike and it makes controlling the population easier. Bob

• Options

Idaho lieutenant governor bans vaccine mandates, tries to deploy National Guard during governor's 2-day trip

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭

Dang, Mr. P! Sorry to hear that. I doubt she'll have any trouble finding work as good folks are always in demand.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******

I'm sorry to hear this. You are welcome in Montana. Prayers.

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

This post I'm being serious. Consult a (GOOD) lawyer! Find out if you are on solid legal ground or not.

• Options

I do support you making your own decision and that is why I ended my comments with;

"Regardless, mandates suck, and everyone should be able to make their own educated choice."

In your case I am not surprised that you have done what I suggested everyone do and educated yourself and weighed all the pros and cons. However, sadly there are a lot of people in this country that only base their decision on what they see on twitter, facebook and youtube. Unlike yourself these people have wavering convictions based on what is currently popular on social media instead of actually educating themselves. So if you took my post as an attack on your decision making, I apologize for not making it clear that I adamantly support your right to make this choice. Best of luck to both of you. Bob

• Options

Thanks @Ruger4me and @BobJudy and no Bobjudy I didn't feel attacked by you at all, just wanted to clear up a couple points I didn't make so clear at the outset to avoid further debate over usefulness etc. We appreciate the support from the folks here. :)

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Mr. Perfect,

I admire your wife for having the courage of her convictions, and you for standing with her when it would be much easier on both of you to simply "bend the knee".

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

The issue isn't about getting vaccine, it is about mandating the vaccine. Why some can't differentiate this is beyond me.

Mr. P: I wish you and your wife the very best.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭

So in other words, you're all for everyone researching the issue and making their own decisions so long as that decision agrees with what the party tells you you are supposed to think.

• Options

I'd say most of the people on this forum are pretty well informed on the issue. What are you seeing that suggest otherwise?

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Need a roommate? 😁

I may or may not have an accessory rail.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Honestly Don, if we hadn't done this remodel, I don't think there'd be a moment's hesitation to get out and move to a free area (all of your reasons included), particularly now. But my wife just got her dream kitchen and pantry (literally finished last week). Hard to just chuck that aside. I know it's possible to get it again, but man was it a huge headache to get this go-round!

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
This discussion has been closed.