In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some wild weather in central MO today.....How is yours ??

William81William81 Member Posts: 25,231 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

Temp went up during the day...I headed out to fish after church and as expected when made it to the other side of the lake, the wind came up and a storm blew in...so I hoofed it back to the truck and headed home...Winds came up and turned from the Southwest to Northwest and back again...lots of rotation and a little small hail....confirmed funnel clouds in the area.

So I headed out and watched most of it....shot a few pics here and there. It cleared off for a short period and more rolled in.. We are still under a tornado watch for a couple more hours....

So how is it in your neck of the woods ??

Shot some decent lightning pics..

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,922 ***** Forums Admin

Nothing much yet. We're standing by to get wind to 70 mph, but it may hopefully not materialize. We're 15-20 crow miles inland from the coast, and sometimes they get blasted and we don't get much. We are at 10" of rain for the month so far.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭

Wet in Indy. 60 at the moment. I don't care, I'm headed to Vegas in the morning. 🤣

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭

Tornado blew away an LP plant in the Linn county town of Purdin yesterday afternoon. Rolled the big storage tank off it's stand, scattered empty 500 gallon tanks, damaged several homes, and injured a number of residents. Missed me by 20 miles.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭✭

It's rained off and on yesterday and today. So far we are up to 2.29" for now. I was taking my morning constitutional when all of a sudden WW3 broke out. That's what it sounded like. There must have been 10-20 shots fired in about 20 seconds.

It must be the annual duck-geese killers that show up down the road every fall.

Joe

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭

High wind warnings over much of the Rockies this morning, clouds turning to heavy rain this evening. We don't get tornadoes more than maybe once a decade.

btw, the correct word is lightning. Lightening means to reduce weight.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.