In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Winchester expert info about stock barrel contours?

Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in General Discussion

I ordered a Factory stock for my Win 70 (late model type winchester 70), 264 Win Mag, 24 inch barrel, controlled feed, stainless, FEATHERWEIGHT stamped on barrel and the guy I ordered it from said it came off a late model win 70 Featherweight 30;06 caliber. (when I say late model Winchester it is the new model made in Portugal for Winchester)

The barrel channel on my stock is averaging from .100 to .080 WIDER than the ordered stock. (the 30;06 stock is narrower) The stocks are identical except for the barrel channel.

?????????

I thought when a barrel is stamped Featherweight that they are all same dimensions because that designates the contour????????????????

Anyone know what is going on about such????

Comments

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that you have to make it fit to your dimensions for a precision appearance?

Joe

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

What I'm saying is this stock is for a 30;06 late model Winchester model 70 featherweight barrel

AND my Gun is a FW and the barrel contour on my gun is larger diameter than the other FW stock.

Featherweight normally is a description used to specify that a Winchester barrel will have the same size and contour.

I did find this info. (duh)

If you should ever have questions before or after the purchase of any Winchester firearm or product, our Customer Service references can help you. Please click on the appropriate headings to the left. You may also call our Customer Service number at (800) 945-5237 or (801) 876-3440.