In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What states are a No - No for sales ???

roletrroletr Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2021 in Ask the Experts

I'll be selling some semi autos pistols and revolvers on GB, what are the states to NOT ship to?

Thanks gang!!!

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited October 2021

The District of Colombia, California, Maryland and Massachusetts maintain rosters of “drop safe/tested/approved" hand guns. In most cases- there are exceptions for sales to dealers or LEOs- If a handgun isn’t on the approved list, it is not eligible to be shipped to that state or district.

This is the most current list I have of states with magazine retractions:

• Options

Thanks so much!

A good place to start!

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

You really don't need to get into specific city/county/state laws; that's why you will be shipping to the buyer's FFL. It's HIS (or her) responsibility to know the laws in his state, & to make certain that the transfer is completely legal.

I suggest that your listing state "sales to CONUS only". (CONUS means "contiguous United States".) Shipping by air to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc gets involved & expensive, especially for individuals.

While I commiserate with our brothers & sisters in California, I was unable to understand the requirements on the state's website.

Be sure to describe the guns & mags accurately. The capacity of the mag is important in some states.

Neal

• Options

LOTS of great info, thanks a zillion!

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

Great answer from Neal. You are not transferring a firearm to the end user- just to the FFL- who IS responsible for knowing what they can and cannot transfer. CA does have requirements for a FFL outside CA transferring to a FFL in CA- but if you are not a FFL, does not apply to you.

• Options
    Anthony Anthony Member Posts: 96 ✭✭

It depends on the gun, guy. You just asked me what color of Toyota would look good on the moon, be more specific.