In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prayer Request - Update !!!!

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Here we go , SIL found me passed out on floor apx. 6 weeks ago , trip in ambulance to hospital , blood sugar was over 900 ? was in a coma for 3 days ,then in ICU for 2 weeks , then in regular hospital till this last Friday .

Not able to go "Home" , so living at daughters in AL ! They are doing good taking care of as well as they can !

Of course , No Insurance :Got a lawyer to get SSI disability and things started , says will take a while !

Doing a lil better some days : On insulin and bunches of meds ? Maybe they will work ?

Thought a bunch of GB Forums and all you guys , this is the first contact of any kind with the 'outside' world .

Prayers Please ( get well cards would also be nice ) May never be able to go home ( to tn ) ,,, So here I am !

Going to try and get on here as much as I can , typing this has bout wore me out ?

Good Wishes to All !

aztngundoc22

d. stearns

p.o. box 145

lockhart , AL

The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭

Prayers said!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

God Bless You!!!!

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭✭

Holy smokes that was a close call! Glad SIL found you when he did. Prayers for a good recovery. Bob

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Prayers asked for you. When I was put in the hospital for my diabetes I had blood sugar count of 1100. They put me in ICU like you for a week then a normal room for another week till I was under 200 for 48 hours. They will get you straightened out in no time. You will feel so much better.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,009 ******

Man oh man. Prayers going.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for you my friend

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,360 ******

Prayers sent for you this morning. I have noticed your absence and missing what you had for supper posts.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,355 ******

Prayers for your recovery, as @Brookwood said been missing the what's for supper posts.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Is this the first you knew of your diabetes or have you been diabetic and it got out of control?

Diet and exercise. Basic meat and low carb vegetable diet.

Best wishes from here.

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭

I was having TIA's and that's what sent me to the hospital. My A1C was 14.5. They sent me by ambulance to a bigger hospital, then on to the regional trauma hospital where I spent 4 days in their care.

After I got out I had to attend Diabetic classes at the local hospital. They had a chart on the wall that listed the various issues that can be caused at specific A1C's. The chart only went up to 12, that got my attention right away.

That's when I started my new lifestyle. I counted carbs (no more than 65 carbs per meal) and keep a daily log of my BS and BP. I also started walking 2 miles a day and working out on my weight machine. I went from 213 to 148 in about 3 months. I feel better and with less weight, I get around better.

It's a lot of extra work, but it's worth it if you want to recover.

I've been there, done that, and know what you are going through. It's not easy to do what's necessary, but it's well worth it.

I wish you well and hope you make a remarkable recovery.

Joe

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,372 ***** Forums Admin

Wow, that was quite the knockout! Prayers from here for sure. Talk to the financial aid offices in those hospitals. If you meet certain income guidelines, they may write off 50%-75%, or even all of those bills.

• Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭
  • Options

OK : Update ,

Feeling a lil bit better today ! getting ready to eat a meatloaf ( leftovers from last nite ) ,,,,, Yum !

Thanks !!!

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

Hang in there bud!!!

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options

OK

A lil better day to day : most days are good ? a few rough days mixed in ?

Sat up in recliner yesterday for apx. 3 hours , felt really good to be out of the dang hospital bed !

Eating well , seems to help a lil bit ?

Will be really glad to get back to almost normal !

Thanks to All !!!

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******

Glad you're still vertical.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

No medical advice from this member. I'm not gonna share my own medical history. I'm just gonna include you in our prayers and marvel at how truly blessed you are to have family who loves you and who are willing to help you in your time of greatest need. Without that, you might still be laying in the kitchen and we'd be wondering why you hadn't shared your "what's for supper" posts. I guess we should be thankful to your family too.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Our prayers are with you

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options

OK :

"Home Health Care Nurse" was here today ( 1st time ) ,a twice a week thing for a short time ? now if I can get my weak-* legs to work ?I will be up and moving a lil bit at a time ???

Funny thing is : I feel well and almost normal bout 80% of the time ? just not there as of yet ......

Thanks to all for the prayers sent !

Thanks !!!

• Options

OK :

Today was one of the 'good' days ; feel good (considerig) , had some hot chicken arms for lunch ,,,

Maybe will continue to have mostly good days ; just wish I could sleep all nite ???

Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes !

Thanks !!!

• Options

OK :

A good day :

wish I could sleep somewhat normal !

As is said ,,, One day ( & nite ) at a time ???

Please keep up the prayers .

Thanks !!!

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,360 ******

MY prayers for you continue Az.

• Options

OK :

Feeling a bit better today : day by day , most are good ?

Had a Home Nurse visit today , really good visit !

Only wish I could sleep @ nite !

Thanks to All for the prayers !

Thanks !!!

• Options

OK :

SXSNUF , received card today !

Thanks Bunches !

Thanks !!!

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Glad it got to you! Prayers continue as well.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭

prayers for a quick recovery

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Since I’m one of the founding members of the night shift here on GB I cordially invite you to join our group of up all night zombies. I think you will fit right in. Welcome

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

Good Lord has ways of getting our attention. With some of us it's easier, but sounds like you're on the right track now. 😁

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Prayers will be ongoing. A rough row to hoe. Wishing you the best.

Rob C.