In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Father in Law passed last Thursday....a deep loss for all of us here. He will be missed terribly.

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭

My husband's father was what every decent man strives to be. He was amazing. He was a family man, involved with the church, a pillar of the community, hard working, intelligent beyond what anyone realized because he was also humble and kind.

When he was in high school he was offered scholarships to several colleges. He had agreed to go to Mississippi State when he was approached by Bear Bryant to play for Alabama...and had to turn it down because "he had already shook hands" on the other deal.

He was an engineer for Acipco, a cast iron pipe company, in Birmingham. He did a lot of his math using a slide rule, and could outpace most of the other engineers he worked with. They still have examples of his work hanging in the main office today.

He was the fire chief of our little fire department for 20 years. When he retired he opened a hardware store in Locust Fork. It was full of everything imaginable....every screw, nail, wire, switch, gadgets and gizmos. It wasn't a success and closed after 5 years because he kept giving credit to people that couldn't pay and spent most of his time going to people's homes and installing things and doing repairs (without pay.)

He was Paw Paw. Every grandchild has memories of being a shining star in his eyes. He made sure every time one was on the way the family bassinette was ready. It was built by his father and was what he used as an infant, so every grandchild was brought into the world with that same bassinette ready to be put to use.

Its just amazing to be witness to such an amazing person and benefit from being around him. My life is better because I am part of his family.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments