In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is this a M14 Service Kit????

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in General Discussion

I think this is a partial kit for checking the M14 rifle. Am I correct??

THANK YOU!!!!

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Yes. Just at glance I see a throat erosion gage, bore alignment tool for the proper installation of a flash hider along with Go and No-Go gauges. There are obvious things missing such as a firing pin measurement gauge and a test bolt.

Tools such as the castle nut plyers needed to remove the flash hider, the stock liner remodel tool, which is a screw driver like device, and a the bolt roller removal tool, which are not subject to damage or being knocked out of alignment, would be stored in a normal tool box.

There are collectors for all types of US Ordnance tools. Most of the genuine items are priced so high that commercial copies are made.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Sir. I am supposed to have the last three or four crates of parts from this estate delivered later this week and the rest of the kit may be in there.

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭

I would think if that's an original box it has good value itself.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,665 ✭✭✭✭

More amour's? The one I got was in a little odd fiber pouch.

This discussion has been closed.