In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

8MM Remington magnum and ?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hello there and thank you in advance for any answers that may be given.

I bought some cases a long time ago. It was 9 boxes of 8mm Remington Magnum new unprimed brass. I guess I should have looked a little better at them. Only two of the boxes of cases were in their original configuration and the others had been reformed into what I dont know. It appears that among other things they were necked down to .30 caliber. So, I was hoping some of you reloading sages could tell me what these were so I could get onto selling them at the GB auction. Heres a couple pics.

Comments

• Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Looks like the "double radius" neck and shoulder of the Weatherbys. If it is down to .308 then it may be the 300 Weatherby, they were originally based on the 300 H&H fire-formed for straighter walls and the Weatherby neck.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

just to note; you could resize them in a 8mm rem. mag. die and then fireform them back to original, they do headspace on the belt.

• Options
    GoldenmeisterGoldenmeister Member Posts: 50 ✭✭

Thank you for that information, its kinda what I suspected. I'm going to eventually auction them off and was wondering what I should advertise them as. These too are unfired cases like the ones I currently have at auction. I suppose I could load one up and fire it in my 300 Weatherby to verify. Its likely going to auction also.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Without knowing what they are for sure, and the cost of shipping these days, I'd doubt if you'd get much interest in them on the auction side. Not trying to be a party pooper though..