In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Slo Joe

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Politics

Announces he’s releasing 50 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Oil Reserves and oil price, WTI and Brent both jump up.

Mule

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Been selling our reserves to China

• Options
    forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah ,,,,,,, at current consumption in the USA ,,,,,,, That’s 2.74 days of relief. Bwahahaha 🙄

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Brandon is an idiot.

Unfortunatly most of the people who watch the US news will think he is saving the planet. Heck most don't even know what the SOR is.

RLTW

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

I knew this would be coming. I told people he would do it to try to contain gas prices as long as he could. Then after the midterm elections when the republicans control both chambers gas prices will really rise and he can deflect some of the blame. I seen it coming when he was elected and told people. Some people told me I didn't know what I was talking about to which I replied "wait and see".

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭

Just another smoke and mirror move. It will do NOTHING, the jackazz shutdown any new leases and the pipeline and put back incredulous EPA regulations back on the drilling companies. Did I say he is NOT my president, and no, he or the office gets NO respect from me. The government has gone completely off the rails.

• Options
    Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

If you can steal an election with everyone watching... knowing nothing will ever be done about it... you can do whatever you want..screw the people.. he's the king and his rule is law.. might as well get used to it...

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭

50 million barrels. Pissing in the wind. Better move a little faster Brandon or you will get wet.-----------------Ray

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

He's one stroke of the pen away from shutting down the trans alaska pipeline. Sell the oil reserves, we're screwed.

Cut timber? NO!!! Mine gold? NO!!! Explore for oil? NO!!!!!

Wonder what it feels like to be on welfare? He's about to do it to us.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Joe:

How about finishing the pipelines they started under DJT and ending the ban on domestic production. These are the only real solutions to the gas problem.

BTW Biden. You are singly responsible for the gas problem. Wonder how long your slobbering sycophants in the media will keep lying for you.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

I saw them asking his energy secretary how many barrels we used a day and she had no clue. In a way I am glad you all get to see what an idiot Granholm is. We Michigan members had her for governor and she certainly hasn't gotten any smarter. This was probably all her idea and geriatric Joe ran with it. Bob

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭

Just a publicity stunt to make the uninformed think he is actually doing something. That 50 million barrels is just slightly over two days of oil consumption in the US. Sure to have a huge impact I'm sure.