In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Limb-Saver

danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to give a shout out to Limb-Saver's great customer service.

I noticed that my classic limb-saver recoil pad on my rifle looked like it had melted somewhat since last year.

So I sent them an e-mail and told them and the gal in their customer service had me send her some pictures of it and she asked me if I wanted her to replace it with their newer upgraded model pad of course I responded sure that would be great.

I got the new one in the mail today and it fit my stock even better than the old one.

just sent them the email earlier this week

Great Customer Service

I was already a customer of theirs and will continue

great products and they stand behind what they make and sell

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the new and improved version but 10 years ago the originals were susceptible to melting from cleaning solvents. Loved their performance but you had to be extra careful cleaning your gun. Bob

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I have one on the 870 riot gun. With 3" mags and the ported barrel it kicks like a light load 12

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******

yeah, I've always had good luck with their products.

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Thanks for the tip. I need to check the one on my 870. I also have a pair of slip ons that I can swap between rifles.

Joe

I checked mine and it's fine. Thanks for letting us know.

Joe

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭

had a slip on I put on an old double barrell muzzleloading shotgun, while it worked great, that thing kicked like a mule and the pad did make it tolerable. I left it on in the gun cabinet for a year or so, next time I went to use it it was stuck to the bottom of gun cabinet and pulled off stock as I took the gun out, it had also left a stained ring on the stock where it had been, never have used one since.......

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

I sure like the way they absorb recoil though

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

I have a A-bolt with one, feels "tackey" after sitting in the safe for a while.

Don't know that this is that closely related but I picked up a pair of "like new" boots a while back that the spongy foam between the sole and last just disintegrated. I called the manufacturer and they said that that can happen if not worn enough

???? I thought to myself, what about a new pair that is sitting back in a storeroom? They did offer me a 25% off coupon for a new pair though. Think I will pass. Not sure about some of these new materials.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭

Geez, I wish you fellas would stop putting on those slip on recoil pads on 37 Winchester butt stocks. i just can't get that line out without completely restoring. ---------Ray