In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ok, you guys will like this little story. Thanksgiving evening playing the boardgame Monopoly

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭

As things got late and everyone was thinking about eating desert, but just couldn't imagine eating another bite of food at the cabin on the lake.....we started playing card games. One of the younger people wanted to play Monopoly, but I wasn't really in that mood, so we stuck to card games for a bit.

Finally, they talked us into playing it. Things were going slow because we had a lot of players who bought every piece of property they landed on....so nobody had anything really dangerous to worry about landing on. It was going to take FOREVER to play this game the way things were going. The guy who WANTED to play got tired, he and his wife handed over their property to their friend who was also playing.

This is when things turned. The guy that he gave his property to was a young fella, his girlfriend was playing.....and it was me and my aunt. I tell them "Ohhhh, so we're playing teams now are we?" My aunt is a lot of fun, sells firearms on the wholesale side and spent a good part of her life running a gun store when she was younger. So, between the two of us we are what you would call "seasoned smart@sses" and both of us thought this was going to be a LOT of fun.

The game didn't last an hour before they had to mortgage everything and the guy who had given them his property came into the room and told them "omg....give up, its over....what the heck happened, they aren't even counting their money over there?" Our money was just a big messy pile in front of us.....hotels on everything.

It was hilarious.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments