In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Payment question

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

Won an auction and asked the seller for his mailing address so I could mail him a "bank" check. Said he didn't accept checks?? I told him the auction site said payment . . . . . Check. He told me that this was put in by Gun Broker but that he didn't accept checks!? I wasn't willing to pay the CC premium and told him he should prehaps go back to the second highest bidder. Never heard back from him. No big deal but🙄

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

GB didn't put that in, the seller did. You choose all of the accepted methods of payment when you list an item. If it's not a big deal, just take the negative feedback and explain your situation in your response, or file an issue with gb explaining the situation, and they should remove the negative feedback.

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

Unlike the gun hating online auction, GB does not have a "second chance" for auctions that cannot be completed.

I would just leave polite (but accurate) feedback, & file a customer service request if bad feedback is left for you.

Neal

• AlbinsFirearmsAlbinsFirearms Member Posts: 14

As stated above the options for payment are "checked off" by the seller when creating their general terms with payment types for all listings. Unless there was a misunderstanding as to the type of check accepted such as myself being a seller I only accept Certified Checks or Casher's Checks but no other bank payment type checks, personal, business, etc. And there is no option to select the second highest bidder as the "order" has to be cancelled for non-payment and then relisted if the buyer does not pay.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

He has a sale and should accept the check, cashiers, but that's his call and his mistake. I would take it and make sure it clears or if the CC fees are not large, pay them just to save the big headache ahead, life is short, sometimes giving a little is worth it.