In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt manufacturing

ScootersmamaScootersmama Member Posts: 2

hello all. new to the firearms world. was just wondering why allmost every semi-auto pistol that colt manufactures is on back order or unavailable. is this normal for them or is it covid. ?🤔

Comments

• Options
    AlbinsFirearmsAlbinsFirearms Member Posts: 14

Colt seems to always be slow in my opinion even during better times. Lots of manufacturers are going through the same thing with the pandemic, higher demands, lack of personnel, lack of components from other divisions or from third parties. Colt is also coming out from under the acquisition by CZ and I'm pretty sure that is also having an impact.

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Most mfg's are in the same shape. Back order item. Bond and Henry are about 6 months behind.

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭

If these companies are operating at wide-open throttle I see this as a good sign. If that's not the case then it could be about the condition of our economy. It may also be another sign of just how vital our ship docks are to this nation. There's countless directions we could point our fingers at on this matter.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

Even in the best of times, the high volume distributors get the limited production guns first. And, the high volume dealers get the best selling guns first. So, if your dealer has only a few new guns in stock, you may wait a long time to get any new Colt.