In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speaking of chainsaws, bought me a new one

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Husqvarna 455 rancher that I use quite a bit but was thinking of getting a couple more chainsaws, 1 smaller and 1 bigger for different applications. So deciding to get a smaller one for just pruning branches I kind of settled on the Husqvarna 120 but decided to check out the Stihl lineup as well since I've never really looked at them before.

This Stihl 194t caught my eye.

They had a similar sized one that was "occasional use" but that's not my style so after I felt how light this is and rated for extreme use I found my new best little friend. There's nothing wrong with pruning 2-8" branches with my Husqvarna but I think I'll like doing it with this better plus my 15 year old keeps wanting to learn to run chain saw so this one might be a little safer for him. I realize this design is for climbers but most of the time when pruning my wife or one of the kids is driving the loader tractor around with me in the bucket so it's a similar application.

Anyone else have a top handle saw, what do you think of them?

Comments