In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Military rifles

josie1josie1 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

Im looking for info and value of a few old military rifles. I purchased a firearm collection and these were included. Im looking to sell these rifles but do not want to sell before i know if i have a unicorn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    josie1josie1 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

The lee enfield appears to be a 22lr but all numbers match?

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin

No unicorns there that I can see.

#1 1898 Krag. May have some value if it's a true carbine. That will take a better eye than mine to spot, but there a lot of just cut down rifles out there.

#2 Cut down 1903 Springfield that's well used. Plus is it is in a serial number range considered safe to shoot.

#3 P17 Enfield Appears to be in original configuration. If so, there should be some collector value there.

#4 I have no idea about the Enfield.

• Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

Im going by memory (which is a mistake) but a true Krag carbine will have a 20 inch barrel. Close the bolt put a cleaning rod down the barrel till it hits the bolt then remove and measure. True carbines will have a small c stamped into the front sight blade and rear sight pieces. That means on the rear sight the base, ladder, and aperture will all be stamped. A rear carbine sight by itself is worth 300.00 or more. If its a cut down rifle then the value for the whole rifle would be 300.00 or less.

The cut down 1903 Springfield 300.00 or less

The P17 Enfield is in original condition. See if their is an appraiser in your area that would take a look at that

If that enfield is 22 caliber Id think it would bring some money to a collector. Id definitely read up on those and get it appraised

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

The New Zealand markings may increase value.

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

The cut down Krag is still a 400.00 mark if a good bore.

The 1903 is another at the same price if good.

The P17 if in good inside shape an a good muzzle reading can go north of 800.00.

The Enfield NZ in .22 in a sleeper at 500.00 up.

Right now the market is kinda crazy for military items being in good clean shape bringing top money.Especially the P17 as the Springfields are super high.

Remember you can always drop down in price. You cant go up.